Family Owned & Operated Since 1910
Wm. Miller Scrap Iron & Metal Co. was built on the reputation of quality local service, honesty, and the passion for building strong relationships. At a time when horse and buggy was the main form of transportation, the company began when Louis Miller formed Consumer Tire & Supply after he immigrated to Minnesota from Russia in the early 1900’s. They mainly sold tires, but also purchased rags, paper, and scrap metals and sold them for recycling purposes. Louis’ son, William, and his wife Esther, got involved in the business and later separated from Consumer Tire & Supply Co. and formed Miller Salvage and Supply Co. in 1950. Miller Salvage became Wm. Miller Scrap Iron & Metal Co. in 1955 and continued in the ferrous and non-ferrous scrap business.
In the early 1960′s, Miller Scrap expanded their scrap recycling operation into the refuse and roll-off dumpster business along with a small mixed solid waste (MSW) transfer station. In the early 1970′s, Miller Scrap purchased 10 acres of industrial land from the Winona Port Authority and moved their entire operation to the current location at 1252 Trempealeau Drive in Winona, MN. Today the third and fourth generations of the Miller family, along with a dedicated team of employees, are involved in the full service recycling operation.
Miller Scrap’s growth has been made possible by maintaining and building a reputation of quality service, honesty, strong relationships, and dedicated employees. The Millers are proud to be a family owned and operated business that dates back to 1910 and they still do business with many companies that they have been dealing with for multiple decades.